Sumac Geomatics Incorporated (Sumac) is a Thunder Bay Ontario based provider of Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) services to the forestry, mining and engineering sectors. Formed in 1996 and, owned and operated by the its senior management team, Sumac has 15 full time employees including Registered Professional Foresters, Forest Technicians, GIS and Geomatics Technicians. Sumac provides a range of services including:
- UAV Aerial Imaging (RGB, Multi-spectral, Thermal);
- Aerial imaging and LiDAR;
- Air Photo Interpretation;
- Image Classification and Analysis;
- Surveying and Mapping; and
- Forestry Field Services (Forest Inventory, Growth and Yield, Regeneration Condition/ Free to Grow).