St. Joseph’s Care Group (SJCG) combines tradition and innovation in responding to the unmet needs of the people of Northwestern Ontario since 1884. We are here for our clients, offering a broad range of programs and services in Addictions & Mental Health, Rehabilitative Care & Chronic Disease Management, and Seniors’ Health across 8 sites in the City of Thunder Bay.
With over 2,200 staff and growing, we pride ourselves on maintaining our core values of Care, Compassion, and Commitment. We are recognized as a leader in delivering safe, high-quality health care and have been Accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest level awarded by Accreditation Canada.
SJCG by the numbers:
- Annual operating budget of just over $181 million (2017/2018)
- Two long-term care homes totaling 656 beds
- Two supportive housing buildings with 253 apartments
- 224 complex/rehabilitative care and hospice inpatient beds
- 38 inpatient mental health rehabilitation beds
- 22 crisis and stabilization beds for withdrawal management